Wednesday, January 12, 2011

When I Lay In Bed At Night

When I finally get to lay down at the end of the day, it usually takes me quite some time to fall asleep because my mind just starts racing.  It's full of the things I did during the day and the things I need to take care of throughout the week.  I start thinking of how lucky I am and everything good in my life.  I start thinking of how blessed we truly are, which then makes me completely focus on my babies. 

I can't imagine my life without Makayla and Mason.  They are everything to me.  They are a good thing to fall asleep to at night as I slowly drift into dreamland.

Here are some things that I love about my babies.  I'll probably randomly be sharing lists of *Things I Love.


  • Whenever Makayla wants to tell you a secret, it is ALWAYS "I love you".
  • I love how Makayla offers me her blankie whenever she thinks I may be sad or a have a boo-boo. She never hesistates to share with me her favorite thing, her security, her comfort.
  • I love how I can kiss my babies over and over and over again...and that they love it as much as I do.
  • The way Makayla says quesadilla, adios, and gracias. She even knows to speak spanish when we go to the local mexican restaurant.  The things that make a mommy proud.
  • The smell of Mason's breath.  I used to love Makayla's breath, but then she got all of her teeth...That's one of the very first things I did after I gave birth - smelled my newborn's breath.  It was virgin breath.  Something that will never be again. 
  • How Makayla thinks each and every blemish on my face is a boo-boo. She looks at me with pain in her eyes and talks with concern in her voice.  She is always so sympathetic and often times kisses my "boo-boo".
  • The feel of their soft skin - cheeks, arms, legs.
  • How Makayla calls our suitcases our diaper bags. Why not?  It makes sense to her. 
These are only a few things that were running through my mind tonight, but I'm sure I'll be sharing more lists in the future, for this is my life and it's what is on my mind all of the time!



2 comments:

  1. I love this list! Even though I see them as often as we can, there are still so many things that I don't know about them that I love learning and hearing about. Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little things...things I don't ever want to forget.
    Thank you for reading, thank you for learning, and thank you for loving :) That's the purpose of this and I'm glad you are able to enjoy it. Blogging is actually fun, quick, and easy and knowing that just one person takes the time to read it, makes everything worth it. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete