Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Memory

“The little child, when it sees a star sparkle, stretches out its dimpled arms; it wants that star.  To want a star is the beautiful insanity of the young”
Last spring, late into the season well past sunset, we took a walk down the street to the park.  The three of us;  mommy, daddy, and Makayla. 
I can still feel the night.  I can still smell the night.  It was a warm spring night, but still enough chill in the air to wear a sweatshirt and to cover my little girl with a blanket in her stroller.  The night smelled of the earth waking up – dirt, grass…life.
We got to the park and started to swing.  That’s how we entertained ourselves that night.  We swung on the swings.  It was so refreshing and felt so free to swing back and forth as the night air brushed against my face…and to have a million starts staring down on us - amazing. 
It’s something so simple, yet something I don’t think I’ll ever forget.
 Spring, swings, stars, and my family. 
I can’t wait to do it again, but this time we’ll have Mason to join with us.
What’s your simple memory?  I know our lives are made up of many simple memories.  I'd love to read what your simple memory is.

No comments:

Post a Comment