Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wal-Mart Aisles

Tomorrow marks a week that Makayla has been wearing big girl underwear...and she hasn't had one single accident...yet.
  • I get so excited to pick her up from daycare to see if she is wearing the same pants that I dropped her off in.  So excited, that the last 30 minutes of my workday usually consists of thoughts that only include Makayla and underwear.  If she does a good job using the potty at daycare, then she gets a peppermint patty - something she loves.
  • One night this past week, Makayla and daddy went down to our bed to watch basketball and Makayla fell asleep while wearing her underwear.  When I went down to bed that night to move her, I had a nice, wet, warm spot on my side of the bed.  I couldn't help but laugh at ourselves.
  • Makayla likes to go potty by herself and often times asks us to leave the bathroom.  She also likes to wipe herself and doesn't understand why I wipe her butt when she ALREADY did.  I can't help but wonder what goes on in the bathroom when she asks us to leave.  Hopefully nothing too scary.
Potty training has been easier than what I expected.  We explained the potty to Makayla and let her take it from there.  We didn't push her to potty train and we let her be the one to make the decision of when she was going to use it 'full-time'.  She's done wonderfully and we couldn't be happier. 

To celebrate her accomplishment, we took Makayla shopping at Wal-mart.  She got to pick out any toy she wanted for doing such a good job.  She walked up and down the aisles over and over again.  She touched and played with every single toy that was in reach.  Out of all the toys she could have picked she ended up with a doctor kit, a Mr. Potato Head, and a spider. 

I was kind of bummed.  I was hoping she would go with a Bop-It or an Alphie!


Listening to Mason's heartbeat.  The whole time she was working on Mason, she was saying "Oooh Bubba.  It's okay Buddy.  Good job, Brother Mason".  I'm so happy that they have each other.

Looking to see if there is a potato in Mason's ear - something her grandpa's taught her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment