Sunday, January 9, 2011

Girls and BOY Weekend

Kevin was lucky enough to spend a weekend in Kansas City to watch the Chiefs in a playoff game.  He was joined by his dad, brother, nephew, and a couple of friends.  All 6 of them stayed in a really small hotel room, ate good barbecue, watched football in really cold weather, and hopefully walked away with great stories to tell and unforgettable memories.
In the meantime, back at the homestead, the kids and I stayed very busy.  We had a slumber party on the living room floor Saturday night with lots of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals.  We stayed up late and watched Minnie’s Rainbow and other various Mickey Mouse shows.  We ate graham crackers and drank apple juice.  It was a good time.

We started our Sunday out by Makayla exchanging sweet words to Mason - "Good morning, Buddy!  I missed you!  You're my friend" and eating cinnamon ‘n sugar toast while Mason chugged a full bottle of milk.  “Nummy in my tummy” is all Makayla could keep saying.  She loved it, but didn’t even end up eating half of her toast.  We spent the rest of the morning swimming in the bathtub, flying high in the sky, eating pizza and drinking tea, and  100 million other things.  It’s crazy how many activities you can go through in such a short time with an imagination of a 2 year-old. 

Flying...


...Flying

…I did find it quite humerous that Makayla was putting mushrooms on our pizza, but insisted it was macaroni.  No matter what I said, it was still macaroni and probably forever will be.  Macaroni pizza probably sounds  and looks a lot better to her than mushroom pizza.

After drinking our soup through a straw for lunch, we laid down to watch the Chiefs game and look for daddy on TV.  After searching for daddy for about an hour and watching the boys throw a football, Makayla gave in to her sleepy eyes and took a nap.  Whew! 
As the kids are napping, I’m quickly writing this so I can hopefully get a few chapters read in my book before one of them wakes up.  I’m just thrilled that they are both asleep at the same time!!
I love how I usually feel that I will never get ‘caught up’ in life and that my house is a mess 6.5 days of the week (and when I say a mess, I mean a mess that proves my home is a happy home and a home that is lived in with children).  Sure, there are times when I think it would be nice to have a couple of days to re-group and ‘relax’, but honestly, I may have forgotten how to really relax…but that’s okay.  As a friend told me, life is filled with mixed blessings.  I may dream of a day alone watching movies and taking a bubble bath, but sooner than later – I’ll be wishing for these crazy days filled with laughter, tears, and a messy home back.

No comments:

Post a Comment