Friday, March 11, 2011

Week of Colds

Wow.  All week without an update!  Here's why.

Monday evening: Kevin was gone all night teaching a class in Peoria and besides her cold, Makayla was feeling fine, acting fine.  Her nose was running, hurting, running, and hurting all evening.
Monday night:  As tired as Makayla may be, I think that she tries really hard to stay up until daddy gets home from class so she can see him before she goes to bed.  Well, Monday night, I couldn't get Makayla to wind down at all.  Kevin gets home and she still doesn't wind down, so we take her to bed with us.  Her nose is still running and hurting and she is hacking up her lungs.  I'm going to sleep really good tonight. 
Monday night (11pm): I was right!  I slept great (In need of saracastic font)!  Makayla pukes all over our bed.  She puked from coughing so much and so hard.  Since I live in the stone age, my 50 year old washer can't handle my king size bedspread, so...I sent Kevin to the laundry-mat to wash all of our bedding.  While he was busy doing that, I set up camp in the living room for Makayla.  She slept on the couch, I 'slept' on the floor, and Kevin 'slept' in the recliner.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. I layed awake listening to her cough the rest of the night...just waiting for her to puke again (which she never did)!

Tuesday:  ZOMBIE all day.  Thankful that I was off of work and didn't have to function as a radiographer.

Wednesday:  Still sort of zombied out, but made it through the workday.  Kevin taught classes in Peoria again Wednesday night and I noticed Makayla started feeling a little better and Mason began coughing.  Oh great.


Makayla singing...in the bathtub...with PASSION.

Thursday:  Still sort of zombied out.  Kevin built the kids a toybox and Makayla was on the mend, feeling much better and eating much healthier.  We had a long talk and decided that maybe she was eating too much junk and maybe she would start to feel really good if she started eating more foods that were healthier for her.  Mason, on the other hand, can't breathe, has red and watery eyes, chest congestion, icky cough...I've realized that he has definitely caught the cold that his sister had.  Yeah.


The toybox!  Good job, Daddy!


Friday, today:  I'm exhausted!  I'm tired!...and I'm still a zombie.  I came home from a super busy day at work and Mason is miserable.  I want to cry right along with him.  I want to hold him, rock him, and kiss him.  I want him to wake up in the morning and smile.  We'll see.


So...That's what the break was in blogging this week.  I was zombied out.  I hope to someday soon catch up in life and get some good rest.  I know once these yucky colds go away and my kids get back to normal, I'll feel a little less tired and worn. 
It takes a lot from a mama when her babies are sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment