Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mason - 6 Months

Isn't he lovely?
In just a couple of short days, my little man will be 6 months old.  Wow!  It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn something new every day.  As much as I cherish each passing day, I look very forward to the next 6 months of my son's life.

Today was Mason's 6 month well baby visit with the doctor.  He's 14 pounds and some odd ounces, putting him in the 6th percentile for weight and he is 27 inches tall, putting him in the 75th percentile for height.  Very similar to his sister, Makayla.

A few weeks ago, my mom brought to my attention a pea sized nodule towards the top of Mason's neck, at the base of his skull.  Of course, I felt it that one time and then made it a point to avoid it from then on, making a mental note to show the doctor.  I knew in my heart that it was 'nothing', but finding a nodule like that on my baby, still gave me the creeps.  The doctor felt it and informed me that it was a benign lymph node - nothing to worry about.  Still, I felt it was my responsibility to make sure that everything was okay. Whew.

It was a perfect time to visit the doctor so we could follow up on Mason's yucky cold.  He is doing well.  He has a little bit of wheezing and a little cough.  Other than that, doc said that he'll be fine and that this cough could linger for a couple of weeks.  How fun.

So, what else is new with my 6 month old son?
  • He loves to eat.  So far, we've tried and succeeded with bananas, carrots, and avocados.  I think he is really going to enjoy tasting all of the new foods we're going to introduce to him within the next couple of months.
  • He loves the sound of Mickey Mouse.  He will stop dead in his tracks and break his neck to follow the voice of Mickey Mouse.
  • He is a strong little boy and loves to stand.
  • He is a great sleeper.  He sleeps for at least 10.5 hours at night without waking mommy and daddy up.  Even though he sleeps soundly through the night, I will sometimes lay in bed for an hour and listen to his breath through the monitor.
  • He seriously smiles 95% of the day.  Anyone and anything can make this boy smile.
  • He is becoming more and more curious and observant with each day.
I thank God for my healthy and happy children. 

1 comment: