Sunday, March 6, 2011

Makayla's Moments This Week

Here are a few moments this week that Makayla has been able to provide us a few laughs:
  • Makayla was in her room and she had arranged her papasan chair to face the wall and she was licking her Flarp.  For those who don't know what Flarp is, click here.  I think she turned her chair towards the wall because she felt like she was 'hiding' and being sneaky.
  • Mason was playing on his floor and I walked in to check on him.  Makayla was leaned over him talking ever so softly and ever so gently to him saying to him "it's okay buddy", "dooooog (good) boy", rubbing his face with cotton balls. 
  • Makayla was standing in the middle of her dark room, naked from the waste down, had her shirt pulled up and was applying my deodorant heavily all across her abdomen.  When I asked her what she was doing, she said she needed to buy pink deodorant at Walmart.
  • Makayla has been falling asleep on the couch and then we will carry her up to her bed once she has fallen into a deep enough sleep.  I've been looking forward to this time of night because when we pick her up to take her to bed, she's asleep but talks non-stop all the way up to her bed.  She makes no sense as to what she is saying but she is telling a story with such emotion and feeling.  Last night the three words I got out of her story were crackers, Kyleigh, and Kole (her cousins).  She talked complete jibberish and I'm not sure she even took a breath throughout the entire story.  The night before the only word I got out of her story was ice cream.  She gives me the giggles and the second her head hits the pillow, her story is done and she's gone to the world. 
These are the days of my life and I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment