Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Laughter Is the Best Medicine

When we hear the baby laugh, it is the lovliest thing that can happen to us.
-Sigmund Freud
It starts out with this...
Then you hear a little squeal of delight followed by a happy *sigh*



Before you know, you have a chorus of giggles, rumbles of laughter that come deep from the belly...

I can still hear his laughter echoing out of this picture.  Makayla was playing with him and doing all she could to make Mason laugh (cracking herself up in the meantime).  "Sweet Caroline" was playing in the background and Mason would not stop laughing.  It was a deep, can't catch your breath your lips go numb, type of laugh...nonstop...drool flowing from his mouth...the more he laughed, the more Makayla and I laughed.  The harder he laughed, the harder Makayla and I laughed.  The three of us sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor.  Laughing. 

I wish you could hear this little boy laugh right now.  Even for just a few seconds, you could escape any worries and be filled with joy.

Hearing him laugh is...
innocent and contagious
makes me feel like his fingers are tickling my heart
...is quite possibly one of the best sounds in the world.

The feeling I get when he laughs is multiplied by 1,000 when it is his big sister making him laugh.  Ahhhh, I love my babies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment