Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Bit

Makayla is 2 years old.

This morning her favorite color was pink. Her room is pink. Her curtains are pink. Yesterday, her favorite color was purple. The day before that, her favorite color was blue.

She loves to eat macaroni and cheese, tacos, pizza, and oatmeal. Whenever we go out to eat, she wants to order a cheeseburger, but she never eats it.

Her hair is blond and her eyes are blue.

Her favorite book is “Eight Silly Monkeys” and her favorite song is “Happy Birthday”. She has shelves and shelves of books, but every day, we always read the same 3 or 4 books over and over again.

She thinks that deer live in the jungle and loves to search for her snails in daddy’s fish tank.

She thinks “stupid”, “weird”, and “shut-up” are bad words and won’t allow anybody to say them. She’s quick to scold anyone who speaks those words. Whenever somebody says one of the words, no matter the context, Makayla always says “Don’t say that word! Say ‘goofy’!”

If Makayla gets upset, sad, or mad – I tell her to go kiss Chief or Rascal (her kitties). Kissing them always makes her feel better.

She is smart. So smart. She is funny. So funny. Here is an example when she puts these two together. The other night we were driving home and she was eating a sucker. She was chawing away on her sucker, ruining her teeth. I told her to stop biting the sucker and to just lick it or suck on it. She ignored me and continued to bite down on the hard candy. I told her that I didn’t want to hear her eating her sucker and if she can’t lick it with her tongue, then I was going to take it away. She said ‘fine’. I didn’t hear her bite down again. As soon as we got home, Makayla went straight up to her bedroom and slammed the door shut. She didn’t take her boots off, didn’t take her coat off. She went straight up to her room to eat her sucker and break her teeth. I couldn’t help but laugh at her actions, how she knew better to not bite down again on that sucker in front of me and couldn’t wait to get to her room. She couldn’t get up the stairs fast enough, her coat and boots still on – slamming the door behind her.

I love to watch her play and listen to her talk about her day. She tells me stories with great detail.

She’s a good mommy. She feeds her baby doll (Hazel or Mason, depending on the day) applesauce. She bounces and sshhh’s her baby when it gets fussy. She packs her baby’s diaper bag with every thing that the baby could possibly need. She’s a good mommy.

This is just a little peek into the life of my little girl.



She’s beautiful.

Next time, I’ll give you a little peek into the life of my handsome little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy you are a great mom. I have enjoyed reading about your kids and your day to day life. I feel like I am really getting to know them, which is nice since I am there cousin =) We have a very similar take on child rearing, so I can relate to a lot of what you blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a part of our life through this blog! I'm glad youare able to read it. I enjoy reading about your boys as well!

    ReplyDelete