Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sledding Sledding Sledding

We took Makayla sledding for the first time today, and I'm here to tell you that taking a 2 year-old sledding is definitely a work-out.  
First of all, we didn't park close to the hill (why, I don't know).  We parked far enough away that we had a 10 minute "hike" through the park, down a wooded hill, and around the bend to the bottom of the sledding hill.  So, by the time we carried her up the hill to begin our sledding fun, Kevin and I were already sweating and panting for air.  After quickly catching our breath, as we were walking across the top of the hill, I walked into a snow drift (maybe 2.5 feet) that got my leg and boot stuck to the point that Kevin had to dig me out.  That was funny and actually gave me a couple more seconds to sit and catch my breath.

The first couple of times we went down the hill, Makayla rode with me or Kevin.  She LOVED it!!!  Then she got brave and wanted to go down by herself, so we started in the middle of the hill, so she wouldn't build up too much speed.  She LOVED it!!!  She loved the whole experience!  Heck - I would love the whole sledding thing even more if somebody carried me up the hill every time, too! 

P.S.  The last time I was sledding on this hill, I was in 1st grade. 
I sledded right into a tree and broke my foot.

On top of the hill, excited to sled down for the first time!


Look at the joy on her face!  She laughed all the way down.
(I can still hear her)

Hiking to the hill.


Getting ready to go down all by herself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment