Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grandpa Curry Turns 60

Tonight was a special night.




 Grandpa Curry turned 60 years old!!
(the highlight of the kids' night - blowing out grandpa's candles)


...and for a month now, I've been itchin' to present him with his 60th birthday gift.

I love giving gifts...
and I've surprised Kevin with a couple of favorite gifts that were perfect - gifts that neither he nor I will ever forget.
Flying lessons.
A surprise trip to Florida  for his birthday.

And, now, I can add another favorite gift to my list - 
a gift for my father-in-law on his 60th birthday.

A gift that I didn't come up with on my own, but one of which I read about on other blogs.

Something that grabbed my attention, something I was determined to follow through with, something that took a month to complete, something that was so fun and very exciting to create - 

60 memories for 60 years of life -



We filled 60 envelopes - each with a memory from people that have been a part of Greg's life (past and present). 

The first envelope was my letter to him - what I love about him...thanking him for opening his heart and home to me and for being the grandpa that he is...that he means 'the world' to my kids.
 Here, in the first envelope, is the last part of my letter:

We had memories beginning from the day he was born - 


...to today (pictures from his grand kids) 


...and everything in between:

All the way back to 6th grade through high school -


Words from co-workers (past and present): 



Words from his sons and family members:



We had fun memories written on toilet paper -


...and memories that made us laugh out loud -


So many pictures and kind words were shared -











 Tonight was a special night.

 60 envelopes and 2 hours later -
each envelope holding a special memory for Greg.
each envelope carrying kind, uplifting words.

it's good for the heart and soul.


Happy Birthday!
You mean so much to so many people and you deserve the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment