Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Piece For Each


Makayla - 
Her newest accomplishments are learning to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (starting at Middle C, of course) and discovering the love for spelling.  She loves to spell and is always asking me to teach her new words to spell.  I find papers all around the house with words written everywhere - makayla,curry, mason, mia, mom, dad, papa, police, emma, adalyn, cat, dog, love... 

Buuuuuut...a little frustration for mommy has come along with this new found love of spelling. 

Daily, we have conversations that go like this:

Makayla:  Mommy, do you want to go to V-V-A-L-M?
Me:  Where?
Makayla: V-V-A-L-M.

or

Makayla:  I really want a E-B-A.
Me:  A what??
Makayla:  An E-B-A.

Daily, we have conversations where Makayla spells "words" and I have nooooo idea what she's wanting to communicate with me.  She gets upset that I can't decipher her words and refuses to speak the word, but continues to spell it.  I'm hoping that she'll quickly improve with her letter/sound/spelling skills because, oh my gosh, it's hard...for me and for her!


Mason -
Mason and I were alone having one on one time, all cuddled up, watching Caillou, and eating popcorn.  I topped off the perfect moment by handing him a fruit snack.  THEN (i don't like asking questions like this, but sometimes i get curious to see where their mind is at), I asked him who he loved more - mommy or daddy.  Thinking he would definitely say "mommy" (i mean, after all, i was rubbing his legs, letting him watch his favorite show, snuggling with him, AND i snuck him a fruit snack), I was blown away when he said "Mia".

So...then I asked him who he loved more - Mia or Makayla.

And, he answered "Grandpa".  

He's a smart, smart boy and his heart is oh, so good!
He knew just exactly how to answer those questions...


Mia  -
She's amazing and I think has a sixth sense.  Almost every.single.night no matter what time we turn our lights out to go to bed, she wakes up.  It truly is amazing.  I don't know how she does it or how she knows, but the second the lights go out, little miss wakes up.  She fusses around and fusses around until one of us go up there to tell her goodnight.  All we have to do is give her a kiss, lay her back down in bed, whisper goodnight, and she falls back asleep immediately...before we can turn around to walk out the door.  It's pretty cool and to be honest, I kind of look forward to it every night.  It's not something I'm tired with, yet...








No comments:

Post a Comment