Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cream & Underwear

Why do I have this tub of cream?
Because I think it reminds me of my childhood.
The smell reminds me of my mom, which makes me think that she used something like this back in the day... (i'm sure she'll deny it and tell me i'm dreaming again)

I hardly ever open this tub up, but when I do, it's just to get a whiff of the past.

But, anyway...

The other night, Makayla walked into the living room with her hair caked in greasy, greasy cream.

I asked her what she put in her hair.
She disappeared for a minute and came back proudly holding this tub of face cream in the air.
I asked her why she put this all over her hair...

and she looked at me like I was dumb, looked at the tub, and then looked back at me and said
"it says curls on it and she has curly hair (pointing to the girls on the tub)".

Nodding, because to Makayla, it made perfect sense.  The girls on the tub did have curls in their hair and I give her kudos for seeing the relationship between "C"ream and "C"urls.

It took 2 days for that grease to come out of her hair and if we weren't walking out the door 2 minutes after she presented with the grease-filled hair (she was getting "ready" and doing her hair to go out), I would have taken a picture.

...and the next day, following the cream incident, we had another incident.
A shocker.
One that left me speechless.

As Makayla was getting undressed to get in the bath at the end of the day, this is what she pulls off -
Seriously?

I don't know where she comes up with things like this.
These have been put up in the cabinet since before I was pregnant with Mia.  It's not like she's recently observed me putting these to use.

I finally muttered out the words to ask her why she had that in her underwear.
She grinned and shrugged her shoulders.
I just crinkled my nose, shook my head, and told her that I think she's too little to be playing with those right now.

A few years ago, it was cute - 
You can read that blog HERE.

But now...
(shaking my head and smiling)

I tell ya, there's never a dull moment in this house!


No comments:

Post a Comment