Thursday, October 10, 2013

2013 Mud Run

Mud Run 2013

Ready or not, here we come!

"I have the power to believe in myself.  
To stand up for who I am.  
To say 'yes' to a challenge.  
To cheer on new friends.  
TO GROW UP STRONG."

Last weekend, we were able to be part of a fun mud run...a one mile obstacle for children put on by genHkids.  To learn more about this non-profit, volunteer-driven coalition, click HERE.

We had a wonderful time participating in this event with our cousins - Kyleigh and Kole.  
(and because Kyleigh and Kole are little speed demons, I don't have any pictures of them going through the obstacles)

army crawling through the sand...


Climbing over walls...

The first mud pit...
Mason was into it, Makayla was not.


Climbing over mud mountains... 


The last mud pit...
This picture cracks me up.  Makayla is thinking 'omg, are you serious?!'.  It took a loooot of convincing her to get down and crawl through, but she finally did it.   

Mason finishing up with the last obstacle - a slide down a dark, muddy tunnel...

Little Miss warming her hands up in her pants...



I think if it wasn't 40 degrees with a wind chill of 20, Makayla may have enjoyed it a lot more.  Through 75% percent of the run, all Makayla could talk about was how freezing cold she was.  Her hands were numb.  She couldn't feel her hands.  Feel my hands, mom.  My hands are freezing.  I'm so cold...
You get the picture.

Mason, on the other hand, was the complete opposite.
All I could hear from him through the whole run was "This is fun, daddy.  I love this.  I love this, daddy!".

Regardless of Makayla's numb hands falling off, we all had a very fun day!  GenHkids held a very organized event that was fun for the whole family - 
something that we are already looking forward to again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment