Tuesday, October 29, 2013

8th Year, Keepin' It Real

From 2002...

To 2005... 


To 2013


1 reason (or 3) that we've made it this far is because Kevin accepted me for who I am!

These were my top ‘this is me - take it or leave it’ points when I met Kevin -

**I will fart in front of you and I expect you to fart in front of me.  Don’t hold anything back and don’t sneak off to another room.  If you can’t fart in front of me, then we shouldn’t be together.  Let’s keep it real.

**I will keep the bathroom door open when I go to the bathroom.  You could walk by at any time and find me peeing OR pooping.  The door will always be open.  Sorry.

**I will more than likely sing to almost any song when we‘re in the car.  Even though I can’t carry a tune sing just like Stevie Nicks, Dixie Chicks, and Dolly Parton (especially when I sing Islands in the Stream)...and I won’t know the words half of the time, I’m still going to sing.  Don’t try to stop me…and don’t laugh at me.  Laugh with me.

************************

And now, after 8 years of marriage...

we’re still farting in front of each other,
the bathroom door is still open,
and I’m still singing my heart out.

Happy Anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment