Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kevin Turns 30

I have so much I want to write about -
things about life,
     things I've learned over the past two weeks (what's important in raising kids),
what I love about my kids (Mason's kissing obsession),
what makes me smile (Makayla's parent-teacher conference),
my goals (Relay For Life)
and all the other "things" weighing on my mind...

 ...but this post is going to be dedicated to Kevin's 30th birthday.
The day before Kevin turned 30, I had a little surprise planned for him.
Throughout the day, he would be receiving 30 cards.  Each card would be delivered by people he would be meeting (some planned, some surprised) throughout the day and each card would contain a puzzle piece.  So, by the end of the day, he would have a 30 piece puzzle.  As the day went on, he put the pieces together.  At the end of the day his puzzle read "Surprise, you are going to be spending your 30th birthday in...".  I gave him his last piece at the very end of the day that said "Florida".

He was surprised.

We left that night and spent the next few days in Destin, FL as a family.
View from our balcony.

We did a lot of "hanging around"...

Watched a gorgeous sunset over the gulf...

Ate lots of yummy food...

Smiled under palm trees...

And laughed at lunch on the beach...

Splashed in the warm swimming pool and went under water...

Played in the sand, ran from the waves, and soaked up the sun.
The essence of pleasure is spontaneity.

A last minute, planned in a week, trip to Florida with our family was something that not only took Kevin by surprise, but also took me by surprise.

Our time away was beautiful.


Unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment