Saturday, November 19, 2011

Our Vacations

Mommy and daddy went to Mexico and Key West.
While we were cruising, we made some unforgettable memories with family and friends. 
We layed on the beach; mommy went kayaking and daddy went para-sailing over the ocean in Cozumel; we went snorkeling and got massages on the beach; walked Duval Street in Key West and visited some of the more popular bars on the island; ate a lot of good food and tasted some escargot and alligator; dressed up in fancy clothes; watched a sunset in Key West and won a conch blowing contest.
 We took lots of pictures, tried new things, and let loose.  We danced, we sang, we laughed. 
It was a beautiful vacation.

Makayla and Mason went on vacation to Grandma and Grandpa Curry's house. 
While on 'vacation' at grandma and grandpa's house, the kids had a lot of fun.  They did a lot of crafts; baked a lot - cookies, muffins, and more cookies; went on a field trip with school to the Festival of Trees; made a few trips to McDonalds (and had a lot of soda.  Ssshhhh...don't tell daddy); visited Grandpa Allen's work and had an exciting night out with Grandpa Allen; opened presents every night from mommy and daddy; ate a lot; and kept their same every day routine of going to school and going to daycare.  The kids had fun, played a lot, and kept busy. 
They were taken care of.  Grandma Curry even rearranged her living room to ease my fear of Mason falling through the rails of their bi-level house. 

They were in the hands and home of someone I trusted with my whole being.
...and that's what made this trip bearable.

As much fun as Kevin and I had on our trip, there were times that my heart was elsewhere.  My heart was being tugged in the direction of home - home with my babies.  And no matter what we were doing or where we were at, Makayla and Mason were always on my mind. 

I appreciate my time alone with Kevin, my mom, my sister, and our friends.  I am thankful for the rest and relaxtion under the sun without a care in the world. I enjoyed having zero responsibility.  It was exciting to lay out at the pool and not have to keep my eyes and ears peeled on my kids.  It was enjoyable to go to dinner all week and not have to let my food get cold while I cut up food and fed the kids.  It really was a great time...but that's not who I am or what I'm meant to do. 
I love being  a mommy.   I love experiencing life with my kids.  I love sharing my time and life with Makayla and Mason. And while I soaked in every single amazing minute of our vacation alone, I probably would not choose to be away from my kids for that long (6 days) again.  Don't get me wrong! - I'll take another vacation 'kidless', because it was absolutely lovely!, but just not for that long amount of time. 

I missed them so badly and by the 4th day, I was so home-sick for them.  I couldn't wait to walk in the door to see their faces and hear their voices.
...and once I picked them up and held them, it was like not a moment had passed.  All the anxiety, excitement, and nervousness of leaving them for a week and seeing them for the first time was gone.  We were all together again - happy, laughing, Mason was giggling, Makayla was hugging strong, and we were left standing there with memories of a wonderful week - happy to be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment