Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Four More Days

4 more days. 
4 more days until mommy and daddy go on vacation.
4 more days until we leave our babies and miss them with all of our being.
We've grown used to sharing every aspect of our life with our children.
They do everything with us - go everywhere with us - experience life with us.
We're a family and everything we do, we do together.
  I'm going beyond my comfort level.
And although I feel like a week without my kids is going to be unbearable, I can't wait to be alone with my husband...
...just the two of us -
relaxing,
reconnecting,
rekindling
romancing...

I lose my breath at the thought of missing out on a week of Makayla's and Mason's life.
I'm going to miss kissing them, hugging them, holding them, and tickling them.
I'm going to miss tucking Mason into bed at night and I'm going to miss Makayla's conversations and facial expressions.
I'm going to miss their cackles, soft cheeks, picking them up from daycare, Mason stuffing his mouth, Makayla playing with her babies...
I'm going to miss every single thing about my every day life at home...
...and I'm not quite sure yet how I'm going to make it through the week, but I do know that I will survive.
I will take advantage of my time with my husband, have endless fun with the family and friends who are joining us, and make some unforgettable memories. 
I'm going to be able to have fun and focus on the purpose of this trip because I know that Makayla and Mason are safe.  They will be in the best of hands while we're gone, being spoiled continuously without any interference from mommy or daddy.
But what I think is comforting me the most is knowing that Makayla and Mason will be together.  They won't be alone.  They will have each other while they're waiting for mommy and daddy to come home.
4 more days.
We're looking very forward to enjoying each other's company in ways we did before we had children and we're looking very forward to that strong embrace, filled with love, from Makayla and Mason when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment