Thursday, July 7, 2011

Words That Make Me Smile

It Just Comes Natural...
***********************
 Torn on the Tob (corn on the cob), Bum (gum), and Doog (good). 

 Makayla talks a lot and she has a huge vocabulary.  She is very understandable (except maybe on the phone) and surprises me with the words she says and the conversations we have.  I really feel like I'm talking to an adult.  And it's not just the things we talk about that impress me, but it's her facial expressions.  This girl can talk with her face, and especially her eyes, better than anybody I know.  When she cares what she is talking about, she can make you feel it.  I love it!

  When I was pregnant with Makayla I craved mexican.  We literally ate at our local mexican restaurant 3-4 nights a week.   Although we don't visit quite that much anymore, we still eat there often.  They have wonderful hospitality, not to mention awesome cheese dip!  From an early age, Makayla knew where she wanted to go for tacos and always exchanged an adios and gracias with the workers.  So, when Makayla speaks some words with that 'spanish sound', I blame it on that Mexican food.

Umbre-ya (Umbrella), Makay-ya (Makayla), and Sa-yed (Salad).

It's just the few words, like I mentioned above, that she says incorrectly and her natural spanish accent that make me smile...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment