Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Parrothead Memories

I've got my hush-puppies on,
I guess I never was meant for
glitter rock and roll...


It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe...


It's those changes in latitudes,
changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same.
With all of our running and all of our cunning,
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane...

Think about how many times I have fallen,
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'.
What heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten...

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right...

And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender...

I want to go back to the island...

*************************************************

While Kevin and I were lucky enough to spend our weekend in Chiago with a few fabulous friends enjoying the music of Jimmy Buffett and rocking our souls "caribbean style", Makayla and Mason got to spend the weekend with Grandma Allen.

Kevin and I's weekend:
  • Eating yummy food that Andy grilled - corn, shrimp, beef, onions
  • Drinking delish island drinks
  • Dancing
  • Singing
  • Laughing
  • Sweating really bad
  • Enjoying a night as a Parrothead
  • Making wonderful memories

Makayla and Mason's weekend:
  • Going to the park
  • Taking walks
  • Going to Wal-mart
  • Eating popsicles and popcorn
  • Reading books
  • Going to McDonalds
  • Having a great time being spoiled by grandma!
*****************************************************************
Sunday night as we were winding down from the weekend, I was giving Makayla a bath and out of no where, she brought her hands up to her eyes and said "Oh, my contacts"!  I asked her what she was talking about. She said "My contacts!  They are bothering my eyes".  She continued to talk about her contacts, with her hand up to her eyes, for the next three minutes.  I was cracking up.  Since my mom can't wear her glasses around Makayla (since Makayla asks that she remove them because she looks too much like Santa Claus), my mom has to keep her contacts in until the last second possible.  So...Makayla obviously picked up her contact problem from my mom this weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment