Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Didn't Know

So...I am taking these words from another mommy...but it's perfect.  The words are true and they speak deep...and I'm pretty sure that most of my mommy friends would say they feel the same way...that they didn't know...


Before my children were born, I dreamed of all of the ways that I would show them love. I knew that I would comfort them, dry their tears, offer encouragement, and be their safe place to land.

What I didn’t know is how they’d offer me those same things in return.

I didn’t know that waiting for Makayla would teach me a level of patience beyond anything I could have ever imagined...

…that she would help me to learn to trust my gut...

...and that she would stretch my heart beyond all comprehension.

I didn’t know that Mason would teach me that I don't always know best...


…that he would melt my heart in a way that only a son could...

…and that he would help me to grow stronger.
I didn’t know that on those certain days, when I am the one with sadness, or hurt, or filled with questions, that my babies would comfort me and be my safe place to land.
This parenting thing teaches me something new every day. Oh, how lucky I am to be their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment