Thursday, April 25, 2013

What I Love About You

Mason -

There is so much to love about you...
And I can't tell you how many times a day I catch myself smiling, thanking God for you - for letting me be your mommy.

Taking a few minutes, I want to just write...
write what I love about you.

with no special order and organizational flow, i'm just going to randomly write what comes to mind

First of all, I love your smile and all the expressions that your little face can make.  Just a "look" from your face can send me overboard with giggles.  You have so much expression in your eyes and mouth that sometimes we don't even need words to communicate.  I love it and not knowing what's going to come from your face from one minute to the next makes me love it even more.

I love how you love to put money in your Spiderman piggy bank...dumping your change out and filling it back up over and over again.

I love how you love to play "daddy".  You love to bounce your babies to sleep and change their diapers.  Listening to you "shush" your babies and tuck them into their crib makes me happy.

When I tell you that I love you, I love it that you say "I love you the most".  


I love your new found obsession with daddy's deodorant.  I love how you roll daddy's deodorant on your elbows...how it makes you smell oh so good and puts a little strut in your walk. As you put the lid back on the deodorant with a smirk on your face, I sometimes get lost in la-la land imagining you, my baby boy, as a man.

My heart jerks a little bit every time you call me "mom".  Where's the name "mommy"?  You're still too little to call me "mom" and I feel like you're years ahead of your time when you call me "mom".

I love how you lay down in the bath tub submerging your entire body and head so just your eyes, nose, and mouth are above the water...how you can just lay there, relaxed, for as long as I'll let you.  No words, no splashes, no movements at all.  Just stillness under the water...and I wonder what goes through your mind.

 I love how you call Mia 'Mia Grace' every time you say her name.  Nobody else adds on Grace to her name so it's something special between you and your baby sister...plus, there's something so beautiful in hearing your sweet voice say "mia grace".  

 I love how you hold your head above Mia and let her explore your entire face with her tiny hands...and then when you've had enough you bend down and gently kiss her.

I love how you cry and cry for Papa when you're upset.  I love that your relationship with your grandpas is so strong that they are the first ones you cry for second to mommy and daddy.

I love watching and listening to you play your harmonica, shoot hoops, and act as conductor of your choo-choo train.

you are an amazing little boy, mason.  
it's a joy to watch you grow - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
you make me proud and give me butterflies in my tummy.
you are my whole world.

Love, 
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment