Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can.  
Mike Dooley


I love Easter.
I love the smell of Easter.
I love the season of Easter.
I love the story of Easter.
I love the worship on Easter.
..and as I've gotten older, I've learned to fully appreciate all of the emotions of Easter -  of the death and resurrection.

It's true - the Easter Bunny and egg hunts are very important to my kids on Easter, but they do have a deeper understanding that there is more to Easter than candy, eggs, and bunnies.
This past week, Makayla has had her feet washed and attended the Last Supper - eating lamb and learning about Jesus' death and resurrection on her level.
Mason, who is two, knows that Jesus loves him and that Jesus is the Lamb of God. 

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.  
JB Priestly

Did you know the Easter Bunny has magic?


The kiddos planted Jelly Beans in pots before they went to bed on the eve of Easter and left the pots on their table in the living room.


...and sure enough, with the Easter Bunny's magical dust, their jelly beans sprouted into suckers over night, leaving two pots of suckers and three Easter basket goodies for Makayla, Mason, and Mia.


 My girls in their Easter dresses while Mason is off running around.  It's nearly impossible to get pictures of Mason right now!...that's why my children's Easter picture is in the woods on a concrete deer!  Mason LOVED sitting on the deer and that was the only way we could get him to hold still long enough for a picture!
After church on Sunday, we had lunch and egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Allen's house.  Sara and Jersey joined us and Makayla had a ball playing with Jersey!  It was a wonderful surprise! 
Mason is finally big enough to drive the four-wheeler by himself! Yeah!

We ended our Easter Sunday having dinner and another egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Curry's.  

It was a wonderful day spent with family and friends and I was reminded once again of how lucky we are, especially my kids, to be here - surrounded by the most important people of my kids' lives - !

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.  
Robert Flatt 





No comments:

Post a Comment