Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mississippi And Fireworks

Last night, while daddy DJ'd, I took the kids for a surprise.

We took early baths and got our jammies on.  At dusk, we piled into the car.

I drove to the end of town and parked the car.  I got all three kids out of their car seats and we piled in the front seat of the car. 
(i learned that letting the kids sit in the front seat of a car is enough to make their entire night.  who needs a surprise when you get to sit in the front seat of the car with mommy?!) 

I asked this kids to guess what the surprise was...to guess what we were going to do.

And...this is why I love Makayla -
She guessed that maybe we were parked to look for airplanes.
And, when I said no, she guessed that we were parked out there to look at stars.
Ooooh, Makayla!  I didn't expect those two guesses to come out of her mouth, but they were really good guesses!...two things that I love to do.

Mason, on the other hand, was waaaay too busy looking at his teeth and tongue in the mirror to play in our guessing game.

Within a few minutes of getting situated, our surprise began -

... *FIREWORKS*...
!!
There's just something about fireworks that make you smile...

**************************

Yesterday also came with a funny story about my Mason...

All day long, Mason and I would practice spelling "Mississippi".
I'd spell it in different patterns and he would repeat me -
MISS - ISS - I - PP- I
M - I - S - S - I -S - S - I - P - P - I
MI - SS - IS - SI - PP - I

...every single time we got to the "PP", he would laugh uncontrollably and obnoxiously say "PP".
Oh, Mason.  Aren't you too young for that, buddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment