Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mason...And His Drinks

Mason - he's quiet, shy, loves his mommy, and is very smart!
The other day we went to McDonalds, a McDonalds we had never been to...
And as Makayla was playing up in the tubes and slides, I frantically searched the play area for Mason. 
Where did I find him?
Hiding under a bench drinking gulping his sister's Sprite...
He looked up at me out of the corner of his watery eyes with a look of "take it away, I dare ya".  I smiled at him, let him finish his little act of sneakiness, and helped him out from under the bench so he wouldn't hit his head.
I love it.  I love his thinking.  And I love that I got to experience this, something I never would have been able to see my child do (sneaking a siblings soda under a bench) had I only had one baby.
I'm thankful.
I'm blessed.

Here's another picture of Mason in love with his drink.  The other night we had Dairy Queen for dinner and took it the park.  Forget the slides, forget the swings, forget running around and playing at the park.  Nothing was more important to Mason at this moment than his very own blue raspberry Arctic Rush.  He stood in that same spot, like a statue, chugging down his drink.  He didn't move until it was gone.  He cracks me up!  He already knows - when you got something good, you better hold onto it with all you got!

A son is...
Author: unknown
Trust with dirt on his face,
Beauty with a cut on his finger,
Wisdon with bubble gum in his hair, and the
Hope of the future with
a frog in his pocket.
I love my little boy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment