Thursday, March 29, 2012

Raisin Thing

Every Thursday morning, Daddy takes Makayla out to breakfast before school.  They usually eat at the hospital, the donut shop (Mel-O-Cream), or at Hardees. 
This morning, Makyala wanted to go to Hardees.  I asked her what she was going to get and she excitedly said "the raisin thing"!  I told her that I loved the cinnamon raisin biscuits.  Yum!

After daddy picks her up from school, I usually call her and ask her how school was.  Today, she said she needed to show me something, so I told her to have daddy bring her by mommy's work on the way to Brenda's. 

 Thinking that she was going to show me the stamp she earned today, I was definitely surprised when she had something else to share with me.

She proudly handed over to me a little box from Hardees.  I opened up the box and this is what I saw -
She had saved me her left over cinnamon raisin biscuit!  With my chin kind of quivering (because her sweetness melted my heart), I looked up to see a humongous smile on her face and her eyes beaming.  I gave her a big kiss and thanked her for thinking of me.  I told her that she is such a kind girl and that she makes me so happy.  Still smiling and nodding her head, she told me that she put a fruit snack in there, too, because she knows that I like fruit snacks.

OH, goodness, I love her!
Her heart is so good.

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment