Monday, March 12, 2012

In The Meantime

These past couple of weeks, we've been busy
Busy living!
We've been busy planning for the future, living in the present, and learning from our past.

And as the days go on - the kids are growing taller, getting smarter, and becoming even more funnier than the day before. 

Makayla Questions Bathroom Decorations:
A few weeks ago, we were washing our hands in Michaels, one of our favorite places to dine with Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue.  As she was scrubbing away, a massive look of confusion came across her face.  She just couldn't understand why Michael would put cinnamon sticks in the bathroom!

Makayla Is Still Having Babies:
Makayla is still having babies, but NOW she has added an oxygen mask to the delivery.  Every once in awhile, she'll put a bowl over her face because she needs oxygen when she's having her baby.

Makayla Still Likes To Sneak Away With Me On Night Drives:
It was one of those nights last night - the weather was warming up and I wanted to sing a duet with Adele (To Make You Feel My Love).  SO - I nonchalantly whispered to Kevin that I was going to go "mail some bills".

In the 3 seconds that it took me to run upstairs to grab my sweatshirt, Makayla was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs - her shoes on her feet and her coat hanging off of her.
Dang!  That girl has good hearing!...and she's lightening fast!  So fast, she couldn't even pair up the right shoes!
 I tilted my head at her and grinned.  I grinned, but on the inside, I was having flashbacks of the last time I wanted to take a drive alone - Our 5 Minute Drive.
In a grown up whisper, she said "It's alright.  I'm going to go with you real quick".
And as much as I wanted to go alone, I couldn't turn her down.  She was too cute and growing up way too quickly.  I just couldn't get myself to deny her the time that she wanted to be with me.
I told her that we were going to go on a relaxing drive.  We weren't going to watch any movies and we weren't going to talk.  We were going to relax.

We hop in the car, open the moon roof, crank up Adele, and pull down the street.  Makayla immediately begins telling me yelling over the music about Chief (our cat) catching a mouse.  I turned the radio down and reminded her that we weren't talking.  If she didn't want to sing with me, then she needed to look out her window at the stars.  She didn't talk again.  She did whisper a few things and everytime I turned around to look at her, she claimed that she was YAWNING. 

After a much needed drive with good music and the air blowing in through the roof, we pulled in the driveway.  I unbuckled her from her seat and as I was carrying her in the house, she said "that was a good drive".  She also let me know that she was relaxed.
Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment