Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sis

This is "sis". 
Most of Makayla's baby's names are Addie, but she has a few that she calls Sis.  I call Makayla sis a lot, short for sister, so I think she has just picked up on that and calls a few of her babys "sis".

Tonight as Makayla was finishing up her bath she was telling me that sis was in her belly.  I would respond with an "uh huh" and she kept repeating that sis was in her belly.  Even though fearing the answer I was going to get, my curiousity urged me to finally asked her how sis was going to get out of her belly.

She said the hospital was going to rip her out. 

I asked her if that was going to hurt and she looked at me as if she felt sorry for me, like she didn't mean to scare me. She shook her head and in such a caring, adult voice said "No, it doesn't hurt.  It's just like how your hospital ripped Mason out of your belly".

I can't help but smile at the way her mind works, thinking that babies are painlessly just ripped out of bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment