Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bath-Scapades

Kevin and I usually alternate nights for giving baths.  When it's my night to give the baths, everything goes smoothly.  The kids splash, we make bubble beards, sometimes we cry from getting "tear free" shampoo in our eyes, and we warm our towels up on the heater.
When Kevin gives them baths, they do all of the above PLUS some.  Things like Mason yelling BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES over and over and over again being bound determined to fill the tub with the entire bottle of bubbles, Kevin swimming in his sweat puddles from the 200 degree heat that I require in the bathroom while the kids bathe, or Makayla standing up saying "pssssssssss" as she pees in the water.  It sounds like a circus upstairs whenever Kevin gives them baths and my favorite part is laughing at whatever story Kevin comes down with afterwards. 
The other night, Kevin called me up to see what Makayla had decided to do this time...
This story is Kevin's -
A couple of nights ago, it was my turn to give the kids a bath.  As I was getting their jammies picked out, Makayla was in the bathroom.  She grabbed a tampon off of the shelf.  I told her to put it back, that she didn't need it, but she insisted that she needed it to put on her boo-boo.  She opened it up, pulled the cotton part out of the plastic case thing and rubbed it on her foot.  She then said "See, Daddy!  It all better!".  Not paying much attention to what she did with the plastic part, I let it be.  The next thing I know, she is in the bathtub with a cup and drinking the bath water out of it with the plastic part of the tampon as a straw. 
I'm not sure what's funnier:
How she associates tampons with boo-boos or how she finds no disgust in drinking bath water through a tampon.

No comments:

Post a Comment