Monday, January 9, 2012

9 Days Late And I Need Slippers

Happy New Year!
 I was so busy closing out and saying good-bye to 2011, that I forgot to welcome 2012, here.

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. 
~Joyce Brothers

I wanted to be together to ring in the new year.  I wanted to be happy with my family.

So...
 We left town.

We went out to dinner, checked in to a hotel, and went swimming.  After the kids went to bed (except for Makayla - she had to stay up until midnight and passed out at 12:04am) the grown-ups got to play games, eat grown up gummy bears, and kiss at midnight.

I wanted a night for and with my kids.  It was wonderful and the night was made even more special when we were joined by some great friends.

Us and our chitlins!  (KJ and her mom and dad, Evan and his mom and dad, and Mike and 'Tole)

Makayla and Mike.

Mason completely worn out.

Little Miss having a bawl!
We had a great time spending a night with our friends ringing in the New Year. 
We are blessed.

And...

... I need slippers!
Last weekend, we went from carpet to hardwood.
I am definitely the "carpet in your living room" type of person, but with kids and 2 cats, it just seemed like a good idea to get rid of the carpet. 
I would have taken a 'before' picture, but the carpet was too disgusting.  And even though the new flooring is cold and loud and I can see every speck of dirt and dust (which isn't a bad thing -
yesterday, the kids were eating powdered sugar donuts and it looked like it had snowed in the living room), I'm so happy that we finally made the decision to pull up the carpet.  
It will definitely take some time getting acclimated to the hardwood and now I just have to go find a good pair of slippers for everybody to keep our piggies warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment