Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend In Central Illinois

"Dockknockers crablegs - 12 bucks.  2 cold beers - 8 bucks.  Ninety degrees on April 9th - on the lake...priceless!!!"
-a text from my mom and dad who enjoyed a weekend at Lake of the Ozarks.

Sure!  As much as we would have loved to spend the weekend on the lake, we had our own fun right here in central Illinois this weekend.

My text would sound something like this:
"Lunch in the park - 15 bucks.  A night at the Riverman Game - 20 bucks.  85 degrees on April 9th - in Lincoln - with my babies...priceless!!!"
I know to some people (and even to me on some days) it doesn't sound like near as much fun as being on the lake.

But...we had a gorgeous weekend.  I thank God for this beautiful weather in April and I thank God for my babies!

 This weekend, we got to enjoy lunch in the park, followed by an Easter Egg hunt with the cousins.

We also got to take Makayla to one last Riverman game this year - and sit 4th row courtesy of my cousin Brooke and her husband Craig.   



Besides that, we were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and sunshine.

 Makayla has 3 piggy banks that she has been filling over the winter.  She got to cash the change of one of her banks and buy a toy with her money.  She was very excited!  $22 and 3 toys later, she learned how much fun it can be to save her money!

So, even though we weren't soaking up the sun at the lake, we were soaking it up at home - and still having fun and making memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment