Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mia At Nine Months

In recognition of Mia's 9 month birthday (9 months, already?!), I'd like to share...

NINE fun facts about my NINE month old baby girl!!

1. She's beautiful.  
Gorgeous.  
Fascinating.
Perfect.

2.  My petite little princess weighs in at 14 pounds and is 27" tall...and she's toothless.

3.  Discovering new foods is super fun for Mia.  Recently, she was introduced to cottage cheese.  I think she loves it because she always opens her mouth for more, but with every bite she takes, she reacts as if it's the first time it's ever been in her mouth.  She loves blueberries, yogurt, and toast (with butter!).  I also feed her food from Plum Organics...which she loves!  Some examples of her meals include: Apple Raisin & Quinoa, Zucchini Banana & Amaranth, Chickpea & Tomato with Beef, Cherry Sweet Corn & Greek Yogurt, Quinoa & Leeks with Chicken + Tarragon...
I could go on with their selection, but you get the picture - lots of variety that offers unique, flavorful nutrition.


4.  She loooooves bath time.  She's intrigued by bath time and could possibly spend hours in the bath tub.  When we're on "Mia's time" and there's nothing else that we need to do or bedtime's not waiting on us, she comes out of that bath tub looking like a wrinkled up raisin.  We've recently graduated from her baby tub to the big tub, so taking a bath has brought on a whole new meaning...in a fun kind of way!  Mia thinks it's pretty cool to take a bath in the big tub, but when her brother or sister get to join her...it's a party!  

(not a fan of the goats!)
5.  She can wave "bye-bye" and she can wave "Hiiiiiiii" - it's all one big super cute motion with her entire arm.  And, of course, when she did it for the first time, I just thought she was the smartest little baby ever!  It's funny how exciting it is for parents when their little ones learn something as simple as waving, but it is quite amazing how quickly they learn to communicate and actually understand that waving your hand (or arm) means "hi" and "bye"!

6.  She can say "kitty".  I swear.  And she's really good at it!
I tried to video it last night, but...she didn't quite say it like she normally does...
maybe 'cause Mason was busy distracting her.
If you listen carefully, you can hear the "K" sound...about 50 seconds into it.
...maybe I'm just being "one of those mothers", but I'm pretty sure she says it.


7.  She adores her brother and sister and thinks that they are the funniest people ever.  They adore her just the same.  Something I thank God for every day is that my children have each other.

8.  She loves sleeping on her belly!  Ever since discovering that sleeping on her belly is awesome, she's become an amazing sleeper.  Over the past couple of weeks, though, she's gotten me up in the night a few times because some how in the middle of the night she gets herself sitting up in bed and then doesn't know how to lay herself back down.  As soon as I lean over her crib to help her, her eyes roll back into her head (like, thank god you're here to help me) and she's usually back asleep before I get her head laid back down. 

9.  My Mia Grace -   She loves to cuddle and be cuddled.  I love to hold her close...breathing in her smell as she breathes in mine.  She loves to be kissed and loves to share her open mouth big wet kisses (i love them).  She smiles non-stop and laughs all of the time.  
She's a happy baby - a lover of life.
She makes this world a better place.
Happy 9 months!!
it's been an amazing, life changing 9 months and it's been great watching my little baby girl learn and grow into "Mia"...




No comments:

Post a Comment