Thursday, August 22, 2013

Changes

Changes all around!

Wednesday was a big day for the kids!

Makayla started PreK - an all day, every day PreK 
and
Mason and Mia started at a new daycare!


Makayla's 1st Day

Before School
(she picked her outfit out and insisted on wearing her big earrings)

After School
(notice - the hair is down and the earrings are out!...but she's Happy!)

After picking Makayla up from her 1st day of school, she had a few things to say -
*Her favorite part of the day was sleeping.
*She ate all of her cauliflower from lunch.
*God made her.
*She thinks her teacher might have milk in her boobs because she has big boobs.
*She looooves school.

Something I love and appreciate are the emails sent from the school throughout the day.
On the first day of school, an email was sent to the parents saying that the kids were having a great day!  They had fun at recess and went to Music Class.  Then a couple of pictures were sent of the kids eating lunch in the cafeteria!  Makayla is at the end of the table and I couldn't see good enough to tell if her earrings were still in or not...

Today, at school, the kids took a walking field trip downtown to do Chalk Art on the sidewalks for the Balloon Festival.  Again, we got an email midway through the day with a picture of the kids!


(notice the earrings, again! they must give her a little boost of confidence...or maybe they just make her feel pretty!)

I've enjoyed these email updates and it gives me something to look forward.

I'm so thankful that we have chosen this preschool for Makayla.  It offers her so much! - She has the structure of a school day, lunch in a cafeteria, music class, library, computer lab, recess, religion, P.E....I think it's going to be an amazing prep for Kindergarten and we couldn't be happier in our choice.



Mason & Mia's First Day

Not only was Wednesday a big day for Makayla, but it was also a big day for Mason and Mia!
They started at their new babysitter's!

Switching childcare was not done by choice, but making the best out of the situation we were given, I am very happy with where we have ended up.

It's very emotional to search for somebody to take care of your child/ren - especially when you're leaving somebody that you love and have grown to trust!  It was a rough couple of weeks for us me, but staying positive and doing some research, I feel that we've found one of the bests for Mason and Mia!

A week before the kids started at their new daycare, we did a little meet and greet!
When it was time to go home, Mason didn't want to go!  He fell in love with the car table and was promised his favorite lunch on his first day - Macaroni and Cheese!  

So, of course, yesterday, on their first day, they had Macaroni and Cheese for lunch!

Mason eating his favorite lunch!


,
Not only do I receive updates from Makayla's preschool throughout the day, but I also receive updates from the babysitter!  I love it!  It brings a smile to my face and reassures me that my kids are happy and being taken care of!


So Many  little Changes!

I feel like we've started a new chapter in our lives!
Makayla is getting so big and growing up so quickly!  Sending her off to school every day and preparing her for Kindergarten is very exciting for all of us!  I love that Makayla loves school and I love that she has such an eagerness to learn and I am looking sooo forward to seeing where this year is going to take Makayla!

...and then you have my 'baby boy'.  At their new daycare, he's the big boy now!..and when I say "big boy", I mean that he doesn't have Makayla there to take care of him, or he doesn't have Makayla there to follow around, or he doesn't have Makayla there to influence him.  He's by himself!  Of course, he has Mia to take care of and Mia to be with, but he is able to be who he wants to be and do what he wants to do.  He gets to make his own decisions and I'm looking forward to watching him grow.  This is a big step for us and I think it's an important one - Mason getting out there on his own.  He's going to learn to think for himself and develop a sense of independence that he hasn't been able to experience much of, yet, because he's always had his older sister around.

...and then, there's Mia!  Totally going with the flow - lovin' life, sprouting teeth, and crawling around!  I think she's pretty happy at the new babysitter, too.  She doesn't cry when I leave her, she's happy when I pick her up,  and Mason tells me that she's a good girl during the day.  Plus, when I get pictures sent to me of her snuggling and smiling with the babysitter, I know she's pretty happy where she's at!

**Here's to a new chapter!**


No comments:

Post a Comment