Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Day...or two...or three........Behind!

It's been 14 days since I last logged in here.
14 days.
And when I go 14 days without writing, I begin to feel "lost".  
Sounds silly, I know
 - but it's kinda my escape...my tool of choice to focus...my time...my reality check.

For the past two weeks, we have been doing a lot of 
hanging around...

We've been enjoying trying to enjoy this fall/winter/spring/summer type weather.
The weather has been silly, forcing me to go from air conditioner to furnace over night, back to air conditioner, then opening windows, BACK to furnace, and again back to windows open.  Whew.  Crazy.

We had some family pictures done - 

We celebrated Memorial Day.
For the past few years, we've celebrated Memorial Day with Grandma and Grandpa Allen at the horse races, but our circumstances were different this year.  Instead, we had a cook out at Grandma and Grandpa Curry's where we spent the afternoon eating, eating, and eating.  We hung out with family and some "family" and enjoyed watching the kids play together.  

We made a mess.
Flour + Baby Oil = Sand.
We made sand and the kids played on their "own big beach".
They loved playing in it and I loved watching them play in it.
It made a terrible mess, but oh well!
It cleans (although, it still looks like we have grout in our wood floor) and it's worth the look on their faces.


We purchased a big tent because we're going to start camping!
Some of my very favorite memories as a child are of camping with my family and I want my kids to have their own memories of camping.  
I'm so excited to sit around the campfire with my kids - under the stars, roasting marshmallows, telling stories...making memories.

Like, I said, for the past couple of weeks, we've just been hangin' out.
Chillin'.
Relaxin'.
Walkin'.
Playin'.
Having fun...
...prepping for June because June is going to be busy.
We have so much to look forward to (concert at the winery, Relay for Life, Warrior Dash, Father's Day, The Ozarks...) and I'm pretty sure we're going to get lost in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment