Sunday, June 16, 2013

Whewie!

See this?
This is my living room right now.

"ugh" is right.

Ridiculous.
Embarrassing.

Real life.
Don't judge.

It may be messy, but at least it's "clean".  I have 4 bottles of Clorox wipes throughout the house and a can of Lysol on the counter 24/7.
(when i get overwhelmed by looking at the clutter in the house, i think to myself that my house must be clean and free of germs & dirt because my kids didn't get sick one single time this past year.  it makes me feel better to say things like that)

It's the clutter. 
I just couldn't keep up with it this week.

And I don't want to make excuses, but throw Kevin's working 3rd shift on top of our super busy schedule this week, and the clutter/toys/junk moves to the bottom of the list when it comes to priorities.

Let's start with Thursday (because that's as far back as I can remember)
Dance Class!
Makayla had her first lesson in dance.
*it was so fun to watch these cute, giggly, little girls*
Makayla joined a summer class of tumbling and jazz.  

After her first lesson, she was in love!  She loved the studio, she loved her teacher - Miss Audra, she loved watching herself in the mirrored wall, she loved getting a sucker at the end of class, she loved it ALL.  

...and now let's move on to Friday.
Relay For Life!
This is our 3rd year in participating and being a part of Logan County's Relay for Life and if I can help it, I'll never miss a relay.
(i've noticed since having three little kids, i can't keep up with the picture taking like i used to.  a few of these pictures are taken from a friend and wonderful photographer - ann.  thank you!)

Miss Makayla and KJ coloring with chalk.  This was right after Makayla and Mason got their faces painted - a ballerina on Mak's cheek and Spiderman on Mason's cheek.

 Our dear friend, Nicole, who has fought her own battle with cancer, played an important role in making this year's Relay for Life so successful...and Friday night, she did a very brave thing - she cut her looong locks of hair to donate to somebody in need.
She's a beautiful young woman.
Brave, inspiring, and selfless. 
We're proud of her.

...and now let's move on to Saturday.
St. Jude's Warrior Dash!
The Warrior Dash is a 5K mud run with 15-20 obstacles giving participants a dirty and extremely fun way to raise money for St. Jude.
It was an awesome adrenaline rush and 
totally & completely exhilarating to finish the race.
We are looking so forward to doing it again next year!!

I'm so thankful for the memories that were made on Saturday with my husband, brother in law, and sister in law.



...and now let's move on to today - Sunday.
Father's Day!

We started the day off with going to church and continued with the series "The Pursuit of Joy".  It was a good way to start the day.

Then we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Curry's house for lunch and the kids got to play with their cousins - Tyler and Brennan.  Makayla had Tyler did a lot of playing "house".  Makayla was the baby and Tyler was the daddy.  It was cute.

Last year, I asked Makayla a few questions about her daddy and wrote her answers down.  This year, I asked the same questions to her again and I also asked Mason.


Note:  I did ask the kids separately so they couldn't copy answers.  It's apparent that their visits to the pet shop with daddy are important to them!

Dad - A son's first hero, a daughter's first love. 
Kevin is blessed!

*************************************

We've been busy.
Busy having fun.
Busy learning.
Busy enjoying life.
...and now I'm going to get busy picking up this clutter that has been staring at me for the past hour while I've been writing.
(although it drives me *bonkers* to have my living room looking like it does, 
dance classes, 
relay for life, 
running in the warrior dash, 
and celebrating father's day 
is a lot more important than making sure my living room is picked up and presentable)

In just a short while, we're going to head over to Grandma and Grandpa Allen's to end this beautiful Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment