Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Small Treats

HIGHLIGHTS of the past few days

Makayla's end of the year program for preschool - Graduation & Promotion.
Makayla finished her second year of preschool and still has one more year to go before she gets to go to kindergarten.  She's already looking so forward to kindergarten and is constantly asking questions about kindergarten.  One of her most repetitive questions she asks is "Will people hold me in kindergarten?".

Makayla is a smart girl who loves to learn and loves to go to school!  
 It's been exciting to watch her grow and learn over this past year and she is constantly amazing us with all of the knowledge she carries with her!
We are so proud of her!

Makayla's program was very sentimental.   I cried and Kevin cried got teary-eyed...
and it wasn't because Makayla was being promoted from preschool class to the next, but it was because we had to say good-bye to Mrs. Wright - 
Her preschool teacher of the last two years has retired and this program was her last 'hurrah' as a teacher.  
I love Mrs. Wright and I love her assistant for this past school year - Miss Kaiser - and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Miss Kaiser will be staying for next year.  If not, I just may cry again...!
It was very emotional to say good-bye to Mrs. Wright and although it makes me sad to see her go, I'm very happy for her that she is able to retire in happiness and good health.

Every single one of the preschoolers got to go up the microphone and say
"When I grow up, I want to be..."

It was the cutest thing!!
There were future
teachers,
dinosaurs,
police officers,
soldiers,
volley ball players,
pop stars,
scientists...
and of course, baby doctors!!


Kari and Corey's Wedding
(warning: lots of pictures)
My cousin Kari married Corey in an outdoor ceremony at a winery.
It was beautiful.
Absolutely beautiful!
...and Makayla made another debut as a flower girl!

It was a picture perfect evening - 
 

Me and my girls! 

Where I come from -
Me with my mom, dad, and sister! 

Great Grandma Allen with Mia! 

Daddy and his little girl! 

Makayla and Mason - with the way they were dressing up, you would have thought that they sneaked a glass or two of wine!
I've never been to a more beautiful wedding ceremony and reception!
the vineyard,
the storm clouds in the distance with the sun shining over us,
the pond,
...and a gorgeous bride and handsome groom.

I'm so happy to have been a part of Kari and Corey's Happily Ever After and I'm thankful that Makayla was a small part of their day.  It filled my heart with joy to see by beautiful baby girl walk down their aisle in her pretty dress tossing her flower petals.
Thank you for the memories!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ...and besides Makayla's program and Kari's wedding,  the last few days were also filled with -

*buying suntan lotion!!
*having 'girl time' with Aunt Nina - Makayla, Mia, Nina, and I went dress shopping and out to lunch...
just us girls!
*we got to dine outdoors at a couple of restaurants...one of my favorite things to do in the warm weather.
*attend a couple of graduation parties - one for a friend who graduated high school and one for a cousin who graduated college.
*i got to spend one-on-one time with one of my kids...rocking in a rocking chair...outside...in the peace and quiet...all alone...just us two... - that may not sound like a big deal, but it's a huge deal!
*relaxing & visiting with good friends on a patio.
*playing in in the sprinkler!
*setting up a tadpole habitat for the kiddos.
*planting flowers.

...just living life - being happy and having fun!

One of the secrets to a happy life is continuous small treats.
-Iris Murdoc

the rocking chair, makayla in her flower girl dress, celebrating graduations, a preschool diploma...these are my small treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment