Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Love Thee


I love thee,
I love thee with a love
that shall not die.
Till the sun grows
cold and the 
stars grow old.
-William Shakespeare

Makayla, Mason, and Mia -
I love you .

Makayla - You have a heart of gold and I love how you much you care for others.  I love that you are the one to make sure somebody isn't feeling left out.  When everybody in your class got a sticker and somebody's sticker ripped, you gave them yours.  I love that you are always (for the most part) taking your brothers hand, calling him 'buddy' and helping him - helping him to pour his drink or open his cheese, helping him to clean his room, helping him to 'criss cross applesauce' (learning to sit indian style).  I love how you get down into Mia's face and tell her that "Sissy loves you".  I love how much you tell me that you love me ...that you love me more than all of the houses put together (that's something new you've been saying and I'm pretty sure it means you love me A LOT). I love all the kisses and big hugs you pass out to us, your family and friends, every day...I love how good your heart is.
I love you Makayla, my first born, the one who brought me into mother hood - and I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter.

Mason - I love how sweet and sensitive you are.  I love how you make me feel - how you make me smile every single time I look at you and how you fill me with warm fuzzies.  I love how you say the words "upstairs" and "underwear".  I love that you love blowing your breath in my face after you brush your teeth.  I love that you obsessively smear root beer scented lip balm all over your mouth.  I love your passion for bowling - that you get to knock down the pins and that your favorite place to eat lunch is at the bowling alley.  I love your hugs and when you tell me that you love me.  Even though it breaks my heart, I love to see that your feelings get hurt sometimes or that you get embarrassed (I think those are important emotions for a boy to possess).  I love your big blue eyes and your amazing smile that I've always felt has been so special.  I love that you are so extremely ticklish and that your giggles and laughter are echoing through my ears constantly.  I love that sometimes you just want me to hold you - that you just want to sit on my lap and have me wrap my arms around you.  You are one of a kind, Mason and I couldn't be more blessed to have you as my son.

Mia - I love that your little body fits perfectly in my arms...all day long (your babysitter's gonna love me).  I love how much you love kisses - kisses on your cheek...on your forehead...on your hands...on your neck...anywhere a kiss can be placed!  I love your beauty and your sweet, tiny voice.  I love how you kick your arms and legs and smile so brightly when you see something you love - whether it be me, your mobile, daddy, or your brother or sister.  I love listening to the sound of your deep breathing and little sounds you squeak out when you're sleeping.  I love looking into your eyes and dreaming of who you will become...I love you, Mia Grace, and I am so blessed to have you as my daughter.  

I am so thankful that I've been given this happiness to hold in my hands and this joy to fill my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment