Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dedication

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; The fruit of the womb is a reward"  - Psalm 127:3
Mia was dedicated at church today!
We stood up as a family to let everyone know that we (Kevin and I) are committing ourselves to raise Mia, along with Makayla and Mason, to know and love Jesus.

The other day when we were in the car, we were on top of a hill and Makayla said "Wow!  We are up high! I love you God.  Did you hear that, God?  I love you!  I love you, too, Jesus!".  

...that makes me smile and makes me think that we're doing something right!

*Along with attending Sunday School, Makayla goes to preschool at our church, she goes to Kids Club once a week, and sings with the choir once a week.  She loves every bit of it! 

*Mason loves his little orange Bible and wants to take it everywhere with him - to church, to daycare, to Wal-Mart, even just to go on a car ride.  He is awesome at singing "Jesus Loves Me" and is so stinking cute when he sings it and attempts the sign language to go along with it.  

*Mia was held by our preacher today and prayed for - she was dedicated to God.

 I'm so thankful for the opportunity given to our kids and the wonderful influence on them while in our church.  

My children are beautiful blessings.  
I want to do the best I can while raising them. 
I want to teach them right from wrong. 
I want to teach them to have faith, hope, and love.  
"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." - Proverbs 22:6

We have been given these gifts - our beautiful children. 
We get to love them, care for them, teach them, guide them...and that's an amazing privilege!  

No comments:

Post a Comment