Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Poem, Patch, And 'Pointment.

We're getting down to the nitty gritty of this pregnancy...
to the point that I am actually starting to feel pregnant.
I may not be "big" and I may not have put on a lot of "extra pounds", but I still have this little human being growing inside of me.  The pressure in my pelvis is strong.  The weight of this baby is heavy.  I dread trying to shave my legs, it's a workout to put my tennis shoes on in the morning, and it's nearly impossible to put on a pair of panty hose!  Thank goodness I get to wear scrubs every day to work and not have to dress up with hose!  Whewie!  I had to wear a pair for a wedding last weekend and I'm still trying to catch my breath from putting them on!

I had another doctor's appointment this morning and all went well!  This morning, I had the joy of getting tested for a bacteria called Group B Streptococci. 

Quoted from "Babble":
"Your doctor is probably going to test you for group B strep soon, which is a bacterium naturally found in 10 to 35 percent of all healthy women (not a sexually transmitted disease), and is unrelated to the type of strep that gives you a sore throat. It causes no symptoms and no problems for adults, but it can be very serious for a newborn that might pick up the infection on his/her way out of the birth canal, causing blood infection or meningitis. If you test positive (after a simple cotton-swab smear of the vagina, cervix and rectum), all it means is you'll be administered IV antibiotics during labor." 

*Note - the only reason I have included this description is for when my girls are grown and experiencing their own pregnancies, they can look back and see the difference in what doctors did today compared to how things will be done 20+ years from now.  I have always tested positive for Group B Strep and have had to be on antibiotics during labor and delivery.*

And besides getting swabbed, we did the usual - pee in a cup, weigh (just one pound off of my goal weight!), and listen to baby's heartbeat! 

While sitting in the office waiting to be seen, I saw a poster hanging on the wall...and I have no idea why I saw it this morning over all of the other times I've been in the office.  
I like things like this - It's a good poem and I try to live by these words everyday!

Children Are....

Author: Meiji Steward
Amazing, acknowledge them.
Believable, trust them.
Childlike, allow them.
Divine, honor them.
Energetic, nourish them.
Fallible, embrace them.
Gifts, treasure them.
Here now, be with them.
Innocent, delight with them.
Joyful, appreciate them.
Kindhearted, learn from them.
Lovable, cherish them.
Magical, fly with them.
Noble, esteem them.
Open minded, respect them.
Precious, value them.
Questioners, encourage them.
Resourceful, support them.
Spontaneous, enjoy them.
Talented, believe in them.
Unique, affirm them.
Vulnerable, protect them.
Whole, recognize them.
Xtraspecial, celebrate them.
Yearning, notice them.
Zany, laugh with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment