Monday, October 15, 2012

Four Funnies

Makayla has been into dressing up in my clothes.  Last night she came downstairs wearing my maternity jeans, one of my tshirts, and a baby in her belly.  She walked into the living room as if nothing was wrong with her pregnant self in over-sized maternity clothes, carrying on with her usual business.  Tonight, I caught her in front of my mirror in my bedroom trying to put on one of my bras.  When I asked her what she was doing, she said that she was "putting on her big magic boobies".

Mason is going through a stage right now that whenever he sees somebody in a wheelchair, he'll say "UUUH OOOH" 2 or 3, sometimes 4, 5, or 6 times, with fear in his eyes, point, and then say "niiiiice".  

The other day while Makayla was at school, Mason and I went to garage sales.  I bought a lot of nice clothes for the kids and as soon as we picked Makayla up from school, Mason and I showed her all of the clothes we got her.  She was really excited and wanted to hold them on the way home.  I told her "no" and that I wanted to wash them first because they were stinky and dirty.  Not that they were necessarily stinky and dirty, but not knowing where and who they came from, I just feel better getting them washed before the kids handle them.  She looked at me with confidence and asked while nodding "did they come from a black person?".  I told her that they didn't so she then asked "then why do they stink?".  I couldn't help but giggle to myself at her thought process and can't figure out for the life of me where she would have come up with something like this.  While it made me laugh (to myself, of course), it also made me sad because that's the first time she has ever shown discrimination or made a comment about someone because they were different than her.  I didn't think that would happen so quickly.  Life.

It's a known fact that when I was pregnant with Mason, Makyala developed an obsession of being pregnant herself.  That obsession has followed her throughout the years and has strengthened once again with this pregnancy (as in walking around the house with a baby in her belly, can't pick up her toys because it hurts her belly to bend down so much, talking about the milk in her boobies...).  There have been moments that Makayla's obsession has worried me because it has been so real for her at times, but now I think I have something else to worry about - Mason now thinks he's pregnant.  He will walk around patting his belly saying "baby".  Poor kid! - his sister (and mama) are warping him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment