Tuesday, October 23, 2012

37 Weeks, 4 Days

You know when you jump into a pool of water and your hair floats and waves through the water as you swim?...well, that's what your baby's hair looks like on an ultrasound.  You can see in the picture below that the arrow is pointing to baby's hair.  I know in this picture it kind of looks like blades of grass, but as baby moves, her hair waves through the amniotic fluid.  It's very cool.

When Makayla was born, she was born with a full head of hair with natural blonde highlighted tips.

 And I remember wondering if Mason would have hair like Makayla (kind of hoping he wouldn't because it was really girly) and sure enough, he didn't.  He was born with just a "normal" head of hair (not too much and not too little).

...and I can't help but wonder how much hair this new little one will have, along with wondering what else this little life will carry with her and bring to us. 

But - besides seeing her hair this morning at our appointment, we got to see many other things!

Her head is low, low, low (the reason behind all of the pressure)...but not low enough to not be able to get a glimpse of her face.  She spent a lot of her time this morning sucking away on her thumb, so you can see in this picture that her fist is up by her mouth.  

I exceeded my goal weight!  Woo Hoo!  Although the doctor didn't ask me to reach a certain weight (and in fact told me not to worry about it) and told me that I was doing just fine on weight gain, I still wanted to reach a "goal".  
*i like working towards a goal*
So - as of 37 weeks and 4 days, I have gained 26 pounds and exceeded my 140 pound mark on the scale.
It made me smile...
And  - as of 37 weeks and 4 days, baby is measuring in at around 6 pounds.  
With Makayla weighing 5lbs, 7ozs and
Mason weighing 6lbs, 8ozs,
this baby may fall right in between the two.

Here's a close up of her nose and lips.

We got to see her practice her breathing and watch her diaphragm move up and down.
We watched her heart beating and recorded a heart rate in the 140s.
We saw her eyes open and close, open and close, and watched her manipulate her thumb around into her mouth more than several times.
While the ultrasound tech did all of her measurements and recordings, we watched our little girl on the screen - in awe.

There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.
-Pamela S. Nadav

We had a great doctor's appointment this morning and now we just wait until next week when we see the doctor again :)
Getting closer by the day!

In the meantime, I can't wait to write about another "first experience" for our family.
Makayla and Mason were in their first wedding - being a flower girl and ring bearer for Uncle Mike and Nicole!  Daddy was also in the wedding, so unfortunately, mommy was too busy to take any pictures of my little beauty and handsome man *gasp*!  I didn't even get a picture of the Bride and Groom!  Totally unlike me!
Here's a preview of pictures taken from others - 
...and as soon as I get some pictures from the photographer, I will write about the beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment