Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Preschool, Memorial Day, Baby Update...And Grandpa

Wow!  Preschool, Memorial Day Weekend, and an update on our little baby that's growin' in my belly!  I'm behind again in updating, but that's no surprise.  May is still here and May is still busy! 

Yesterday, we spent our time at St. John's Hospital while Grandpa Curry underwent Triple Byspass Heart Surgery.  Surgery went well and now we can look forward and pray for a speedy and uneventful recovery.  I can't wait to watch him heal and discover how much better he is going to feel.  With his heart working better than it has in years, he is going to be filled with so much more energy and life.  The human body amazes me!

Makayla has finished up her very first year of preschool!  I can remember the first day I sent her - I was somewhat emotional, trying hard to hold back the tears - but, by the end of the year, sending her off to school and watching her learn and grow had just become a part of our life.  It's been a joy to watch her grow, mature, and learn. 

At her end of the year program she was given a certificate.  She was "promoted" from one preschool class to another.  She was so proud of her certificate that throughout her program she kept standing up, yelling out Mason's name out into the audience, and holding her certificate high above her head to show him.  She was proud!...and it made me smile to know how excited she was to share her moment with Mason!

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, spending time relaxing and having fun with friends and family.
We had a yummy dinner at one of Kevin's favorite restaurants, The Burgery Barge, followed by a beautiful night on the Peoria Riverfront listening to our favorite band JammSammich.  We had a great night with some amazing friends, family, and co-workers!

We kicked off our summer by spending a couple of days at the waterpark, swimming in the backyard, and watching a Peoria Chief's baseball game.
At the waterpark, Makayla got to go down the "biiiiiiig waterslide all by herself with daddy"!...and that's exactly how she says it - all by herself, with daddy!

And my boy Mason has no fear.  The exact opposite of Makayla!  He loves the water, he loves swimming, and doesn't mind at all if he goes underwater OR if the water is freezing cold!  He laughs when he is splashed and cries screams if we take him out of the pool before he is ready.

Below is Mason swimming in the backyard and playing with a ball - his favorite things to do! 

 We celebrated a friend's birthday at the Peoria Chief's game this past weekend!  It was hot, sunny, and fun.  Makayla got her face painted like a princess and Mason ate a few cups of ice.  The kids waved their American flags (which was on the news) and enjoyed watching the mascot (a dog) dance on the field. We had a couple of hot, sweaty babies on our hands when we left the game, but the heat didn't seem to bother them as much as it bothered me! 

We had another visit with the Dr yesterday to check on baby and everything sounded great!  Heartbeat was in the 150's, I gained weight, had to get blood drawn, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't pee in a cup (but spent the rest of the morning running to the bathroom every 3-4 minutes).

Knowing that this is my third and last pregnancy, I want to embrace every part of it.  This time around, I am going to take pictures of my growing belly and with help from the kids, we're going to create a cute little timeline of pictures.  Every so often, we'll take pictures like the ones below.  Makayla will hold the "weeks" sign and Mason will hold the "days" sign. 

It was very difficult to get any decent pictures with both kids, but I think that is part of the fun of this.  Mason wasn't too interested in holding up his sign, so Makayla decided she would take over in the second picture.

...16 weeks, 4 days, and growing!
The human body amazes me!!


1 comment:

  1. I have been catching up tonight on some of your posts and you say alot, "the human body amazes me!" I say/think that all the time!

    ReplyDelete