Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Makayla's Moments

The month of May has been and will continue to stay overwhelmingly busy!  I even turned down going to a Cardinal's game this month because I didn't want to add one more thing to the calendar.  Yikes!  

As we go through our days, my kids are non-stop making me laugh and are constantly amazing me.  And with each act that leaves me in awe or each word that leaves my jaw dropped, I tell myself that I need to go write that down...and then I never do.  So, this morning, I am going to try to remember a few things that Makayla has done this past week that is worthy to remember.  Then, within the next couple of days, I'll write down some things that my little Mason has done recently that makes him so very awesome!

  • Makayla asked daddy "If you mix your poop and pee, does that make your diarrhea?"  It makes total sense, doesn't it?!  Luckily, she was satisfied with just a simple "No".
  • You can call it exhaustion from pregnancy or exhaustion from life in general, but at the end of the day, I'm drained.  Completely worn out.  Last week, I was putting a puzzle together with Mason.  It was a puzzle with animals and we kept repeating the names of the animals over and over again.  Every time I got to the "giraffe", I had a little twinge of confusion.  It didn't really look like a giraffe and I didn't feel right calling it a giraffe, but I could not figure out what else it could be.  Finally, about the fifth time of repetition, Makayla finally said "Mommy, that's not a giraffe.  That's a horse."  Duh.  The puzzle we were doing was made up of farm animals!  Why would there be a giraffe mixed in with the farm animals?!...and WHY couldn't I figure that out?!  It was a scary moment (and somewhat embarrassing), but I'm blaming it on the "exhaustion".
  • Grandpa Allen got to take Makayla on her end of the year field trip to the Children's Discovery Museum followed with lunch at Monicals.  Then Grandpa and Makayla spent the rest of the day together - shopping at Lowes, visiting grandma at work, going to Wal-Mart, reading books, riding the four wheeler, and digging for worms.  We still have the worms.  It was a special day.  Just Makayla and Grandpa.
  • Makayla is making progress on writing her letters.  Here's her name! -

  • She's smart.
    She's pretty.
    She's funny.
    She's my daugher.
    She's Makayla!


No comments:

Post a Comment