Tuesday, May 8, 2012

13 Weeks, 4 Days

I think baby wanted us to get a little sneak peak in at him/her today -
OR baby was just preparing us for the excitement he/she will be bringing to our lives!

We went in for our regular checkup today. 
Pee in a cup, check my blood pressure, and listen to baby's heart beat.

Everything was going great until Dr. tried to find baby's heart beat. 

He couldn't find it. 
He kept finding my heart beat, but never the baby's.
He kept trying and as he kept tyring, my heart beat became faster and faster.  Every time he came across my heart beat he had to grab my wrist to compare it with my radial heart rate (just to make sure it was definitely my heart beat and not baby's).
After a long, excrutiating 5 minutes, he finally said that he thinks everything is alright but that we need to do an ultrasound. 

He thinks everything is alright?! 
I was 13 weeks.  Why couldn't he find a hearbeat?!  Of course, the worst came to my mind and I immediately began praying/meditating/calming/ - I knew that whatever was to come, we could handle it.  When you're a pregnant woman, to come 13 weeks,  you've come so far. And to think for even a split second that it's gone and done - it's enough to take your breath away...

I was very scared and very nervous.  With tears in my eyes, I laid down on the ultrasound table.
The ultrasound tech and Dr were very calm, very soothing, and very positive. 
As soon as she put that probe to my belly, you could see that little baby jumping around everywhere!

*sigh*
*breathe*

That little stinker!
So, we've come 13 weeks and 4 days.
and we have a very active baby with a heart rate 156 beats/min.

It definitely took me all morning and a little nap to recoup from all of the excitement and stress at the Dr's office this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment