Thursday, October 27, 2011

28 Things I've Learned In 28 Years

28 Things I've Learned in 28 Years
1. Life is good.  Life is beautiful.
2. Anger is poisonous.  And so are grudges.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
~Mark Twain
3. Surround yourself with positive people and by people who enhance your magnificence.  Positivity will get you a lot farther than negativity.
4. A long talk with someone who loves you; popcorn and Coke; sitting under a covered porch listening to the rain; singing to your favorite songs in the car; These things will magically make your problem a little bit smaller.
5. The depth of a friendship is not determined my the length of time you've known each other.
6. The more water you drink, the better you feel.
7. Having a job that you love and look forward to going to every day is important to your health and well-being. 
8.  Bad things happen to good people.
9.  Happiness is a state of mind.  In every thing you do, you have the choice to find happiness within it.
10.  Someone who sincerely compliments your child feels even better than a compliment to yourself.
11.  The support and love you receive from your family is one of the most cherished blessings given to you from God.
12.This, too, shall pass.
13. When you have the extra money, spend it on trips and activities, not stuff.  When you're old, you won't reminisce about the fancy couch you once had, but instead, you'll think about the fun you had at  Mt. Baldy
14.  Parenting has been the most rewarding experience of my life. 
 
15. One kind word of acknowledgement, encouragement, or 'just because', can go a loooong way! When you look for the good in others and tell them what you see, you will lift their spirits, enhance their self-image and make a lasting impression.
16. It's soul-shattering to watch a family you love grow apart.  Family is precious.
17.  Pregnancy affects every piece and function of your body, not just the parts you would expect.
18. Seek out a mentor.
19. A difficult task can eventually become easy if you do it often enough.
20. If it is worth it to you, it is worth it.
21. We are not alone. 
22. Don't take anything personally.  One of my favorite quotes from The Four Agreements - Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
23.  No matter what, some people will think what they want to think, hear what they want to hear, and see what they want to see. 
24. Smiling and laughter is the best medicine. 
25.  Find what you want to live for, and live!  I live for my children. Everything I do, I do for them.
26. I've learned to embrace the moment.  To live in the present.  I've learned to stop dwelling on the past and worrying about the future. 
27.There is always hope. 
28. It sounds so trite, but it really is all about love.

Thanks to all of my friends and family, I had a great 28th birthday.
A special thanks to Makayla who blew out my candles with me, whispered in my ear every day for a week what she bought me for my birthday, and told me where daddy hid my presents. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment