Sunday, September 18, 2011

A No Camera Weekend

So...I thought I would try to go a whole weekend without my camera in hand. 

It was hard.  Really hard.

When I kiss Mason's chubby cheek and tuck his blond hair behind his ear, I just want to capture that moment and keep it forever - to bottle up this feeling, the feel of his cheek against my lips, the sound of his giggles. 

When I take Makayla out of the bath and wrap her up like a 'burrito' and give her 'crazy hair',  I just want to capture that moment and keep it forever - to bottle up this feeling, the smell of her clean skin, the sound of her tiny voice as she giggles inside her warm towel.

I’m afraid that these feelings will slip away, so I use pictures and videos, in hopes to always remember a piece of these days.  I know that pictures and videos are missing the weight of my baby in my arms and the feeling of Mason's five little fingers wrapped around my one and the smell of Makayla's skin...but with my camera, I can capture my feelings forever.  I have something to look back to and something to remind me of days gone by.

Why I went an entire weekend without my camera, I'm not sure.  So, without any visuals - this is how our big, busy weekend went:

Mason's new carseat.  Mason gets to turn around like his big sister and face forward!  He gets to see all that's coming and not all that's passed.  I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it is so fun and so funny to see his reaction to a different view.  A good time to have my camera - a smiling big boy who gets to face forward for the first time.  He thinks he's big stuff.

Weiner roast with good friends.  BUT (big. huge. but.) not only was it a weiner roast, but it was a magnificent announcement of an engagement.  Our best friend Mike finally proposed to his amazing girlfriend last week...and they announced it to us Friday night around the fire.  A good time to have my camera - smiles, bling, happiness, friends.

Mason's FIRST birthday.  Mason turned ONE this weekend!  He's a big boy!  You can read my special letter to him  HERE if you haven't already.  A good time to have my camera - a birthday boy (don't worry, we did do video taping of him on his birthday)

Family Reunion.  We spent a gorgeous Saturday afternoon at the park, frying fish, and visiting with family.  A good time to have my camera - family, lots of family, happiness, story telling.

Crinkle cut fries and herb mayo dip.  Oh My Goodness!  In our busy schedule, we did take time to drop by Curry's Weiners (Uncle Andy's restaurant) to snack on his one day special of crinkle cut fries that I LOVE to dip in their herb mayo dip. Click HERE to virtually visit the restaurant. It really was a highlight of my weekend.  It's the small things...

A baptism.  Baby Evan was baptized!!  Although we weren't able to attend his baptism, we got to celebrate with him and his family afterwards.  A good time to have my camera - capture a picture of the beautiful baby boy on his special day.

Family pictures.  We had family pictures taken this weekend with Jonae Cheger.  You can click on her name to check out her website.  She does a fantastic job!  Photographing a 1 year old and a 3 year old is not an easy task, but she does great.  I can't wait to see the pictures, and I will definitely share them once I get them!

Shopping.  Since we're leaving on vacation in less than two months, I had every intention to go shopping for 'vacation' clothes.  But since I hate shopping for myself, I of course ended up doing more shopping for the kids than I did myself.  No vacation clothes.  Oh well. 

A walk.  It was a great fall evening and we couldn't let it pass without enjoying a walk.  It was overcast, warm (around 65 degrees), slightly windy, spitting rain, and leaves were rustling down the road. That may now sound great, but it was.  It really was.  We soaked in the beginning of this season with a walk. 

...and we've ended our weekend with early baths and pizza. 
Mason is 'practicing' walking between Kevin and I...but no worries!!  Makayla's right in the middle of it, practicing her walking, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment