Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Baby Girl


Dear Makayla,

You have shown me that life passes so quickly.  I don't want to waste a single moment of this time that I've been given with you.


From a few weeks old...

...to a year old,


...to two years old
 

...and tomorrow, you'll be three.
My baby girl will be three.

You have taught me what it means to be a mother. 

You have taught me to be patient, to be silly, to be tender, to be vulnerable.
You have taught me about life -  how to find the beauty in everything
You have reminded me to enjoy the little things in this life.

You are stunning.
You are pure magic.
You are loving and kind. 
You are funny, smart, brave, thoughtful, and very compassionate.

When you reach for my hand or ask me to read you a book or want me to play with you, I would drop anything to be with you.  Nothing is more important than those moments with you.

I love the sound of your giggles and laughs.
I love that your beautiful blue eyes are always filled with wonderment.
I love that your soft blond hair bounces with curl.
I love that your imagination is huge.
I love to play with you, tickle you, and push you on swings.
I love when you light up when you see me, when you run for me with arms wide open.
I love all of the questions you ask.
I love how much you love your baby brother.
I love every single thing about you.

It's so hard to put into words the love I have for you, but the last three years of my life with you have been the best years of my life.

You are a gift and I thank God for choosing me to be your mother.
You have brought me more joy than I ever dreamed possible.

Happy birthday my sweet Makayla.
You have beautiful things in your future.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment