Friday, September 30, 2011

Blow-Outs And Baths

Okay.

Since having kids, I have had a few occasions where poop has leaked out of the diaper.  That's it.  Just  a simple leak that maybe spread an inch up the back of the diaper and onto the shirt.  In those stinky situations, I have cut the clothes off the kids and thrown them away.  It's not worth trying to get the clothes up over their heads without getting poo in their hair and it's not worth trying to work on the stain that might be left.

Well...this morning...we got to experience our first real blow-out.  And mind you, I don't make time in the mornings for blow-outs and baths!

Last night, Mason cried and cried and cried.  He's not the crying type of baby, so something was not right.  It was a 'hurt' cry.  I blamed his teeth.

Well, he must have had an upset belly.

When I walked into his room this morning, the stench was horrendous.  It's been 11.5 hours since I woke him up and I can still smell and taste the mess.  I peeked my head over his bed, and the boy was laying in poop.  Poop was everywhere, all the way through to the mattress.  He had poop in his hair, poop in his ears, poop covering his back...Poop was everywhere

I vomited up in my mouth just a little bit while Kevin stripped him down.  I put Mason in the bathtub and started scrubbing away.  He must have exploded at the beginning of the night, because the poop was hard and crusted.  I had to scrub and scrub and scrub.  I almost scrubbed him raw.  The entire time I'm cleaning him up, Makayla was gently saying "It's okay bubby.  You're okay".  I guess since I was in a little shock from our first real blow-out, Makayla had to mother Mason.  I cleaned, she soothed.  We made a good team.

Five minutes later, I had a fresh clean baby.  Powdered up and lotioned.  Sheets, blankets, and jammies were in the washer and I was still trying to catch a breath of fresh air.  I threw open the windows, asked Mason if he felt better, and he laughed. 

What a way to start my morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment