Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birdhouses and Burgers

Besides spending time at The Relay For Life this weekend, we also celebrated Father's Day.  To read about our experience at the Relay, you can click here.

Makayla preparing for Father's Day.  She's painting bird houses for her daddy and grandpas.
 Daddy got the one in the middle.
 Once Makayla and Mason presented their birdhouse to Kevin, we headed out for lunch.  We went to one of Kevin's favorite places for lunch - The Burger Barge. 

Click here for the unique menu at the Burger Barge.  I got the Beach-Boy Burger.  It's their burger, cheese blobs, lettuce, tomato, onion, guacamole, and salsa.  Life's a beach.  Kevin got the Tavern Burger.  It's their burger with bacon, ham, grilled onions, cheese, and a fried egg.

 Mason must be laughing at his sister who was making a big fun mess with the sand at The Barge.
We had a great lunch at Burger Barge with my dad and then joined Kevin's dad at dinner for tacos. 
We had a wonderful time celebrating fathers!

The night you were born I ceased being my father's boy and became my child's father.  That night I began a new life.
-Henry Gregor Felson

No comments:

Post a Comment