Friday, May 27, 2011

Whistling


Almost everyday, Kevin will whistle at Makayla. It’s one of the little things that he does to let her know that she’s beautiful.

 Well, tonight, the kids and I were home alone because Kevin had to DJ a graduation party. Makayla and I were upstairs in the bathroom washing her hands and as she was drying her hands on the towel, I whistled at her. She thought it was daddy whistling and got soooooo excited. She dropped the towel, her eyes got wide, and she exclaimed that daddy was home!! She couldn’t get out of the bathroom fast enough. I laughed and told her daddy wasn’t home and that it was mommy who whistled at her.
She was devastated.
So was I.
(kind of)
I was sad that she didn’t get excited by my whistling, but at the same time I was filled with so much joy at the love that she has for her daddy.
Don't you love the outfit?!  But hey - at least it's all stripes!
Eating sweet corn and Lucky Charms on the living room floor.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your kids eat corn and lucky charms on the living room floor...that is the kind of situations we find ourselves in. I love their smiling faces too! See you soon, maybe Saturday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we got to see you guys on Saturday. I really like how we've seen you guys a couple of times within the past couple of months. I hope this frequency continues! :)

    ReplyDelete